Monday, January 9, 2012

Charging into worlds previously unknown

Entering into the new house has been like an entrance into a new world - a world in which I determine how my room looks, where my clothes go, what my "style" is...

At first college choices were about what was easy. Simple. Convenient. I just want to get out of people's way. I just want to get all the boxes checked off.

Suddenly, it's like I'm choosing my future. I like old things. I love being in old houses. I want to feel like I'm in an old Victorian home...

When I touch and hold old things, it's like they're saying, "we were here before you, and we will be here after you. You are not alone. You are not the first. You are safe, and what seems to you like a tragedy is but a passing thing."

It's not the permanence. It's their experience. The people that used them have already made it through youth and learned how to be adults and fight through every hard and uncomfortable thing.I almost cried when I found this. Dahhh! Waves of covetousness....

Also, in other news... I changed the blog design again. I don't know if I'll ever be happy with it, but it's fun design practice.... haha, I mean, it's no UNT class, but I still feel like I'm learning things. I figured out you could create a swatch folder. I got really excited, even though that's probably a really simple and basic thing.

Today was kind of challenging, but in the end, it turned out wonderful.

We went furniture shopping again - it's so hard for me not to say now, "I'll need that someday!" and think of the future. One day I really might need those things... but today isn't that day. No matter how good the discount sounds.

I did end up buying a gloriously cappuccino-coloured rug. It's bodacious.
Also, gold mine...... I was using a piece of packaging, trash essentially, A LID, to hold my jewelry, but today I saw a jewelry box that just turned my world upside down.

Pictures to come. Yes, I bought it.

Carole had this great coupon for Palio's, my favorite expensive pizza place. The catch was you had to spend 35 dollars to get 25 dollars taken off. So we bought 35 dollars worth and it ended up being 5 dollars for pizza that was like, nearly forty. KA-CHOW. Best pizza I've had since Gino's East in Chicago, which is my actual favorite pizza place.

Alright, it comes in levels.

Cheap pizza: Little Caesar's. Yum.
Moderately priced pizza: Crooked Crust.
Kind of expensive pizza: Palio's
OMG CAN'T FIT ANY MORE GOLD STATUES IN MY MANSION, NEED TO WASTE MONEY: Gino's East.

Those are all my favorite pizzas, for every financial state I might be in.

Alright, I gotta do some "homework," gotta research textbook prices. I'll post pictures of that awesome jewelry box soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment