Thursday, December 22, 2011

Splendid

Today was my first day back in the topsy-turvy land of Fort Worth.

It's the holidays, and everyone's kind of frazzled. And I don't ever remember feeling "comfortable" and "at ease" in the mall. So that was kind of an ordeal.

But, we did manage to escape with a delightful cozy little pink sweater. I knew the moment I held it in my arms that we were going to be good friends. I don't have a lot of clothes, and each time I meet something I want to take home, it feels like a magical moment between us.

Also
My dad is kind of a goofball. When he brought in a package off the doorstep and said, "Frozen treats? Open immediately?" I laughed and said, "No really, what is it?"

Turns out he wasn't kidding. They're from Chicago. Chicago ice cream.

Dark chocolate peppermint ice cream. Splendid Jeni ice cream.

Simply delightful

No comments:

Post a Comment