Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The redemption of youth


I am nineteen.
Previously, I was thirteen.

There have been notable alterations.

I don't think it's uncommon to look back and have a hard time finding good things about the person you used to be. You mostly look back and cringe. "I was so dumb."

But the thing about youth, and teenagehood, is the insane amount of passion and unshakeable faith you have in things. When you love things, you really love and hold on to them. I was able to give all of my love very easily to one thing at a time. I've said this before: we demonize and we idolize.

I haven't felt this youthful in a long time.

Today was magical. I find myself thinking that a lot as I drift off to sleep. My daydreams have turned into just remembering the wonderful things that happened that day and the sweet things to come.

1 comment: